Jacket Potato With Cauliflower Steak
Looking for a hearty meal on a cold winters night? This is an outstanding vegan dinner that tastes every bit amazing as it sounds unusual. If veganuary is something you have done for the first time, let me introduce you to this classic combination.
You can have any topping that you like with the potato, such as:
- Salsa and avocado.
- Vegan cheese and beans.
- Vegan chilli topping.
- Chilli Tuno.
- Tuno and vegan mayonnaise
- Home-made vegan coleslaw.
As for the jacket potato, there are different ways to prepare it:
- Crispy jacket
- Soft skin
For the soft skin, wrap in tin foil. For a crispy skin, cover in salt water and bake for 20 minutes then remove from the oven and coat in oil then retune to the oven until done.
Once you have decided how you want your jacket potato, you will need to deicide if you want a sauce to go with the steak and if so, what sauce do you want? Options are for example:
- Peppercorn sauce
- Honey and mustard sauce
How to prepare the cauliflower steak.
- Take all the leaves of the cauliflower and leave the stalk on since this will make it easier to cut out the steak.
- Cut a steak about 2 cm thick from the centre of the cauliflower. You should get 2 -3 steaks from each cauliflower.
- Trim the stalk, but only a little of the end.
- Place in a backing tray.
- Add olive oil, black pepper, paprika and soya sauce to both sides of the steak.
The steak will take about 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 degrees.
|Cauliflower Steak Fresh From The Oven.|
This is a really great dish and I hope you give it a try. If you do, please let me know what you thought because I love it when you do that. Either leave a comment on this blog or find me on social media.
Please like, share and subscribe.