Fried Aubergine And Vegetable Rice With Yoghurt Sauce
Looking for something tasty that doesn't make you feel bloated? I loved this dish because it was so tasty and light on my stomach. Interestingly enough, I got this recipe from a chief in an eating disorder clinic and made a few alterations to it to reduce the calories and make it vegan. Nonetheless, it still has a lot of flavour and packs some great nutrition.
- Follow the link for how to make the Greek style yoghurt sauce.
- You can add a bit of pale cream sherry to the aubergine while it is frying.
Time – 20 minutes
- Aubergine x 2 thick slices
- Rice x 1/4 cup (dried)
- Mixed veg 100 g
- Soya sauce x 1 tbsp
- Balsamic vinegar x tbsp
- Yoghurt sauce x 1 serving
- Salt x a pinch
- Medium sized frying pan with a lid.
- Small saucepan.
- Wooden spatula.
- Start boiling the brown rice with the mixed veg in the same saucepan.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar and soya sauce into the frying pan. (on oil). Turn up to a medium heat.
- Cut 2 thick slices of aubergine and place then in the frying pan and put the lid on.
- Add the salt and keep turning until both sides have darkened.
- Drain the rice and place on a plate. Put the aubergine steaks on top of the rice.
- Add the yoghurt sauce to the side of the plate and garnish with coriander and nutritional yeast.
The tender and juicy aubergine was full of flavour! The rice was great with the veg and it all went great together with the Greek style yoghurt sauce. What an amazing dinner! In addition, I was left satisfied without feeling heavy.
I hope that you liked this blog and if you do try this recipe, please let me know how you got on and what it turned out like. You can leave a comment in the comments below.