This is a vegan interpretation of a British pub classic. A cauliflower stake in place of the chicken, vegan bacon, BBQ sauce and vegan cheese sauce all combine to create a fantastic dish.
For Cauliflower stake
- Facon (i used Richmond meat-free rashers)
- BBQ sauce (I used levi roots Reggae Reggae Jerk BBQ sauce)
- Vegan cheese sauce
- Black pepper
- Paprika x 1 tsp
- Coriander x 1 tsp
- 1/2 a lemon juiced
For side dish
- Potato to make wedges
- Cut a stake out of the heart of the cauliflower.
- Put the stake in a baking dish and squeeze the lemon juice over the stake. Cover in the spices and leave in the fridge for 0.5 hours.
- Roast in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the vegan cheese sauce.
|Cauliflower in spices|
- Take out of the oven and cover with the vegan rashes.
- Cover in the BBQ.
- Cover in the vegan cheese sauce.
- Put back in the over for 20 minutes.
|First cover in the BBQ sauce|
|Next cover in the vegan cheese sauce|
Be warned, this is a feast! The cauliflower stake is tender and tasty. The combination of vegan bacon, BBQ sauce and vegan cheese blend together beautifully.
|From the oven|
|Hunter's Cauli with potato wedges and veg|
This time i had the dish with potato wedges, cabbage and fried onions, aubergine and mushroom.
|Fried onions aubergine and mushrooms|
If you liked this dish, why not try one of these?
I hope you decide to give this a try. If you do, please let me know what you thought in the comments or on twitter. Please like, share with your friends and subscribe.