Written by McDonald, T. | Date 20th of July 2021
If you are looking for something different or you are just an out and out Trekkie, this dish is for you! Bregit lung is a Klingon dish that is meant to be chunks of lizard, but since i am vegan, i will be using tofu instead. You can have it on its own or with something else the choice is yours. I like mine with Gagh and veg.
This is a dish best served with Grapok sauce.
- 200g of tofu
- Cumin x 2 tsp
- Paprika x 2 tsp
- Cornflour x 2 tsp
- Salt x 2 dashes
- Prepare the tofu by pressing it overnight.
- Cut tofu into bite size cubes.
- Add other ingredients to a bowl then add the tofu pieces. Toss the tofu around until coated, see figure 1. Add a little oil and toss around some more.
- Place in a backing dish in the middle of an oven preheated to 200 C and bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Once ready, leave to cool for 1 minute.
Serve with Grapok sauce. Dip the Bregit lung into the Grapok sauce and enjoy!
|Figure 1, tofu must be coated with the spices |
|After cooking and severed with veg.|
I hope you decide to give this a try. If you do, please let me know how it turned out in the comments or on twitter. Please like, share with your friends and subscribe.