Spicy Jackfruit Pizza
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 2nd of January 2024
I like pizza, so I learned how to make a simple base with no oil. Making the sauce is easy and then all you need to do is add a few toppings and sprinkle with vegan cheddar alternative.Makes 2 pizzas
Time, 22 minutes
- 200 g of plain white flour
- 110 ml of warm water
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of vegan red pesto
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp of chipotle chilli paste
- About 15g of jackfruit per pizza
- 15 g of grated vegan cheddar alternative per pizza
- Heat the oven to 180 C fan.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl with the whisk.
- Add the water and stir with a wooden spoon until it comes together as a shaggy dough. If to dry, add more water.
- Use your hands to pull it together. You are looking for something that is soft. If it is
sticky, add a little more flour. Transfer to a work surface.
- Knead on a surface for 3–4 mins. Divide in half and roll into 2 balls, then flatten them with your hand and roll out to about 25 cm in diameter.
- Carefully fold about a cm over around the edges to make the crust.
- Mix the red pesto, tomato paste and chipotle chilli paste together to make the sauce. Spread over the pizza while avoiding the crust you just made.
- Add toppings and bake each on a baking sheet for 15 mins.