Written by McDonald, T. | Date 6th of November 2023
This is a handy little sauce to have in your repertoire because you can use it in so many ways. It adds something different to the desserts other than just cream or custard. You can use it in cake fillings too. Simple to make and great tasting.
- Yes, you can use a tin of strawberries.
- Check the lemons are unwaxed.
- It thickens as it cools.
Makes 1 small pot about 350 ml
Time, 25 – 30 minutes
- 400 g of strawberries
- 25 g of granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- Chop strawberries and add them to a medium sauce pot, heating over medium heat.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice and stir.
- Cook for about 15 minutes with the lid on and stir frequently.
- Use a hand blender to purée strawberry mixture.
- Cook a little longer to reduce the sauce if it is too runny.
Sweet tasting sauce that is busting with strawberry flavour.