Spicy Carrot and Parsnip Soup
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 20th of November 2023
This soup is surprisingly sweet. Both the carrots and the parsnips have a sweet taste; however, the sweet spicy flavour of the Green Ginger Wine just takes it to a new level. I like this soup because it is so tasty and filling. Furthermore, it provides a huge amount of vitamin A.
- Keeps in the fridge for 3 or 4 days
- Freezes well.
- You can use ginger ale instead of green ginger wine.
- It's ok to add some water if the soup seems to think.
- Parsnips, diced 450 g
- Carrots, diced 700 g
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 3 sticks of celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp of chopped fresh sage
- Chilli pepper chopped
- Vegetable stock x 500 ml
- Green ginger wine x 150 ml
- 4 tbsp of white wine vinegar
- The juice and zest of 1 lemon juice
- Ground ginger x 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt x 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper x 2 tbsp
- Make the stock and boil the parsnips and carrots in it for about 25 minutes with the sage, salt and black pepper.
- Add the onion and celery.
- Add the cumin, ground ginger, chilli pepper, garlic, and white wine vinegar.
- With a submersion blender, blend until you get a smoothish consistency.
- Add the Green ginger wine, lemon zest and juice.
- Top up with water if needed, stir and leave to simmer for about 20 minutes.