Homemade Vegan Meatless Pie
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 21st of August 2023
I love a good pie and this is just what I needed! Very simple and tasty. This pie is easy and has is reminiscent of a mince meat and onion pie. I used TVP as the mince and flavoured it with balsamic vinegar.
- 170 g of Shortcrust pastry
- 20 g of TVP
- 20 g of mixed veg
- 15 g of finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- a little vegan butter to great the pie dish
- Pie dish
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease the pie dish.
- Roll out the pastry and use some to line the bottom of your pie dish.
- Blind bake the in the oven on the lower middle shelf for 10 minutes.
- Make the pie filling by adding all the filling ingredients to a bowl and add a little hot water. About four tbsp. You basically require enough water to hydrate the tvp and frozen veg.
- Remove the pie base from the oven and spoon in the filling.
- Add the pie crust and decorate if you want.
- Put back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 180C.
- Serve with veg and potato.
A very tasty pie with a light a crispy pastry.