Apple and Tofu Salad with Bang Bang dressing
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 12th of June 2023
Sometimes I like to watch the calories to maintain a healthy weight. With this in mind, salad seems like a good idea. However, this is a salad with a difference. The sweet taste of the apple combined with the spicy sriracha and bang bang sauce is something else!
Time 8 minutes
- Apple x 1 eating apple
- Tofu x 100 g
- Lettuce x 200 g
- Cucumber x 100 g
- Spring onion x 3 or 4
- Tomato x 2 medium sized
For the dressing
- Sweet chilli sauce x 2 tbsp
- Vegan mayonnaise x 2 tsp
- Balsamic vinegar x 1 tbsp
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Salt x a pinch
- Nutritional yeast with B12 x a pinch
- Dice the tofu, tomato, cucumber, spring onion, and apple.
- Shred the lettuce.
- Add the ingredients for the dressing and mix everything together, so the salad is coated in the dressing.
- Serve on a plate and add the seasoning.
Fantastic mix of tastes and textures! Every bit was divine!
I hope that you liked this blog and if you do try this recipe, please let me know how you got on and what it turned out like. You can leave a comment in the comments below.