Vegan Pepperoni Pizza - Thin base
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 8th of May 2023
Up until now, I have never been a great fan of thin pizza bases. However, this one is just so easy and tastes great! It needs few ingredients and no special expertise.
- I used Applewood vegan cheese, but you can use any vegan cheese you like. I was, however, very impressed with how the applewood cheese alternative melted.
- Furthermore, I used Wicked Kitchen pepper-no-roni slices, but you can use any vegan pepperoni.
Makes 2 × 25 cm/10 inch pizzas
Time – 30 minutes.
Ingredients for the base
- 350 g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 172 ml water
For tomato sauce
- Tomato x 1
- Tomato paste x 2 tbsp
- Tomato pesto x 2 tsp
- Tomato chutney x 1 tbsp
- Garlic cloves x 3
- Mixed Italian herbs x 1 tsp
- Applewood vegan cheese x enough to lightly cover the tomato sauce
- Vegan pepperoni a few slices you decide!
- Onion x a few thin slices
- Bell pepper x a few thin slices
- Mushroom x 1
- Heat the oven to 180C fan.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl
- Add 1 tbsp oil and the water and stir until it comes together. If to dry, add more water. You are looking for something that is soft. If it is sticky, add a little more flour.
- Knead on a surface for 3-4 mins. Roll into 2 balls, then flatten them with your hand and roll out to about 25 cm in diameter.
- Add the toppings and bake at 180 C for 15 minutes on the low middle shelf.
|Roll out to about 25 cm/10 inches in diameter.|
|Add the tomato sauce.|
|Add the toppings.|
This turned out better than I expected. It was juice and delicious! Wicked Kitchen did a great job of the vegan pepperoni.
I hope that you liked this blog and if you do try this recipe, please let me know how you got on and what it turned out like. You can leave a comment in the comments below.
Post a Comment