Chilli Sauce Like the Kebab Van
If you are going to have a vegan doner kebab, you might as well make some chilli sauce to go with it. You can, of course, have chilli sauce with anything that you like! Personally, I think it goes well with most mock meats. This spicy tomato sauce is easy to make, and I will show you the version you don't need to cook.
Green chillies have more vitamin C!
- Make it as hot as you like by adding in more chilli peppers.
- If you are feeling daring, why not try adding a tsp of mint sauce?
- I used the regular mild chillies you get in the supermarket.
- Will keep in the fridge for 4–5 days.
Makes about 3 servings
Time – 10 minutes
- Chilli peppers x 2-4
- Tinned tomatoes x 100 g
- Tomato paste 2 tbsps
- Onion x 1/4
- Garlic fresh x 2 cloves
- Lemon juice x 2 tbsps
- Golden syrup x 1-2 tsp
- Salt x 1/4 tsp
- Cut the tops of the chillies, peel the onion and garlic.
- Add everything to a mini food processor and pulse until you get a coarse paste.
- Add straight to your meal or store in a container in the fridge.