Tagliatelle with Bacon and Mushrooms
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 6th of March 2023
This is quick and simple. This dish is more about flavour than nutrition, so if you are looking for something low in calories, this is not it. The mushrooms are tender and juicy and the sauce is full of flavour from the white wine and vegan cream.
- The fresher the mushrooms the better it is.
- I used free from hard cheese alternative from Tesco.
Time, about 20 minutes
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 60 g of facon,
- 3/4 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 of an onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp of fresh rosemary, minced
- 2-3 pinches of ground cloves
- 100g tagliatelle
- 1/4 cup of apple or pear juice
- 1/4 cup of vegan cream
- 1 tsp of nutritional yeast with B12 or vegan Parmesan.
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fry the mushrooms, onion and the facon in a frying pan with the oil and garlic. Fry until the onion is translucent, and the mushrooms are starting to soften.
- At the same time, boil the tagliatelle in a separate saucepan.
- Add the pear juice, cream, and clove. Stir.
- Keep on a low heat. Once the tagliatelle is ready, transfer it to the frying pan with the mushroom and cream. Stir
- While still stirring, let it simmer for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Server with the vegan Parmesan sprinkled on top.
I hope that you liked this blog and if you do try this recipe, please let me know how you got on and what it turned out like. You can leave a comment in the comments below.
Post a Comment