Vegan Sausage And Apple Casserole
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 2nd of January 2023
This traditional English dish has always been a winner! It is fun, tasty, and simple to make, so if you are new to veganism, this should be a welcome dinner. So, now, do you still think we just eat grass?
- There are many vegan sausages on the market that will be fine to use. I used Taste and Glory vegan sausages.
- Make sure the mustard is vegan.
Time, 1hr 15 minutes
- Vegan sausages x 4
- Leek, sliced x 1 small
- Mushroom x 4 medium
- Carrot x 1
- Onion x 1/2
- Apple x 1
- Garlic x 3 cloves
- White pepper x 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper x 1 tsp
- Brown mustard x 1 tbsp
- Cider vinegar x 30 ml
- Vegetable stock x 200 ml
- Dark brown muscovado sugar x 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fry the sausages in a frying pan until they start to turn brown, then remove and keep for later.
- Fry the onions, mushrooms, and garlic until the onions start to brown. Add to a suitable sized casserole dish.
- Except for the apple, add all the other ingredients to the dish and add the sausages. Put the lid on in the middle of a preheated oven at 180C for 1 hour, stirring at regular intervals, say every 20 minutes.
- With a little oil in the frying pan fry slices of the apple so it starts to go brown. Don't heat for too long or the apple will break down. Stir the fried apple into the casserole just before serving.
Serve with potatoes and more vegetable.
I hope that you liked this blog and if you do try this recipe, please let me know how you got on and what it turned out like. You can leave a comment in the comments below.
Post a Comment