Written by McDonald, T. | Date 23rd of January 2023
Making this is easy, but it will take a lot of time in weighting. It looks like a steak and has a firm texture, but make no mistake it is just tofu. I find this is great as a meat substitute for Sunday dinner or as a steak with peppercorn sauce.
- 120 g slice of extra firm tofu. Make sure it is a good chuck of tofu!
- White wine vinegar. Distilled vinegar will do if you have nothing else.
- Chilli pickle brine.
- Pickled beetroot vinegar.
Pressing the tofu.
- Press the tofu for a full day. After pressing, pat the tofu as dry as possible.
- Marinade the tofu for at least a day or more if you want.
I hope that you liked this blog and if you do try this recipe, please let me know how you got on and what it turned out like. You can leave a comment in the comments below.
Post a Comment