Tofu Stir-fry With Sweet Potato Noodles
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 14th of November 2021
This is a great meal packed with taste and full of vitamin A, B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin K, protein and calcium. The carrot, butternut squash and sweet potato really add a huge dose of beta-carotene that the body turns into vitamin A. The large amount of red pepper provides vitamin C. This dish has a strong flavour with a subtle sweetness from the sweet potato and sultanas.
- Nooch is nutritional yeast with B12
- By adding black pepper to the dish, it helps to release more of the beta-carotene from the carrot and butternut squash. Beta-carotene is converted into retinal, otherwise known as vitamin A.
- You don't need to cook the sweet potato noodles for long. In fact, you can eat them raw. The sweet potato tastes sweeter when it is raw.
Serves 1 -2
Time - about 45 minutes
- Tofu x 50 - 100 g
- Red bell peppers x 1
- Red onion x 0.25 - 0.5
- Garlic x 3 cloves
- Chilli pepper x 0.5
- Sultanas x 0.25 cup
- Mushroom x 6
- Broccoli x 3 florets
- Carrot x 0.5
- Butternut Squash x 50 - 70 g
- Black pepper to taste
For the noodles
- Sweet Potato x 100 g
- Courgette x 100 - 50 g
For the sauce
- Soy sauce, dark x 8 tbsp
- Cider vinegar x 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Ground ginger x 1 tsp
- Sweet chilli relish x 2 tbsp
- Tomato paste x 3 tbsp
- Nooch x 2 tbsp
- Water x 1/4 cup
|Spiralized sweet potato instead of noodles|
- Spiralize the courgette/zucchini and sweet potato and put to one side. You will add these last.
- Heat the frying pan and add the garlic.
- Cut the carrot into strips about 5 cm long.
- Dice the rest of the vegetables and add them and the carrots to the frying pan. Cook until the butternut squash is starting to soften.
- Make the sauce by adding all the sauce ingredients together and mix together thoroughly.
- Add the sauce, chilli pepper and the sultanas to the frying pan and turn the heat down. Cook for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Add the spiralized courgette/zucchini and spiralized sweet potato. Give a good stir and cook for about 5 minutes
- Serve immediately.
Wonderful. What else can I say? It was cheap and easy, nutritious and tasty!