Easy Vegan Chilli
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 21 of November 2022
If you are short of time, this is great! Not only is it quick, but it keeps well too in the fridge, and you can even freeze it. It is ready in 10 minutes and all you have to do is dice some onion and chop a chilli pepper.
- You can swap the chilli pepper for chilli powder.
Time 10 minutes or less!
- Tin of green lentils (400g)
- Tin of red kidney beans (400g)
- Tin of chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 chilli, chopped (you can add more or less depending on how hot you want it. Remember, seeds mean heat!)
- White pepper x 1 tsp
- Medium-sized saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Fry the onion in the saucepan in a little olive oil until the onion turns translucent.
- Drain the tins of lentils and kidney beans.
- Pour in the lentils, red kidney beans, chopped tomatoes into the saucepan with the onions.
- Add the white pepper and chilli, then give a good stir.
- Allow to simmer for 5 - 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don't allow it to boil, but be sure it is pipping hot right through.
- Serve with rice, pasta or chips.
Really pleasing results. I topped the chilli with some nooch and served it with home-made chunky chips and roast broccoli.
I hope that you liked this blog and if you do try this recipe, please let me know how you got on and what it turned out like. You can leave a comment in the comments below.
Post a Comment