How to make Cashew Lime Cream
If you are looking for a blob of something to go on your chilli, this is it! This cream is great for curries, chilli, bolognaises or anything else you fancy, even pancakes and desserts. It is very easy and quick to make once the nuts have soaked. Keeps in the fridge for 5 -7 days.
Makes 1 small bowl
- 1/4 cup of cashew nuts
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- Salt 1/8 tsp for the brine to soak the nuts in
- Enough water to cover the nuts
- 1 tsp of garlic paste (Leave out if you intend to use it for desserts)
- 1 tbsp of chopped onion (Leave out if you intend to use it for desserts)
- 1 tsp of nutritional yeast with B12
- 1 and 1/2 coconut oil
- Pinch of Italian herbs (Leave out if you intend to use it for desserts)
Soak the nuts overnight in salt water. If you are pushed for time, 3 hours should be fine.
Drain the nuts, but don't throw away the brine.
Add the nuts to a blender with the lime juice, lime zest, coconut oil, garlic paste, onion, nutritional yeast and herbs. Blend on a low setting for about a minute and then a high setting for about another minute.
Pour into a small bowl and allow to set for 2 hrs, or pour it straight onto something.
|Cashew nuts in brine|
|The cream before going in the fridge.|
I hope that you liked this blog and if you do try this recipe, please let me know how you got on and what it turned out like. You can leave a comment in the comments below.