Cauliflower, Bacon and Cheese
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 5th of September 2022
Add a little twist to an all-time classic! Cauliflower cheese has always been a favourite in many households in the UK. Imagine the tender pieces of cauliflower smothered in a tangy vegan cheese sauce with bites of facon.
- Yes, you can make your own cheese sauce if you want. I used a packet because it was so cheap and easy.
- I used the Free From Cheese flavoured sauce and Free From Hard Cheese from Tesco.
- As for the facon, I used THIS™ Isn’t Bacon Plant Based Lardons.
Time 40 minutes
- 1 small fresh cauliflower
- 200 ml pint milk
- 1 small leek
- 60 g of facon of some sort
- 1 pack of vegan cheese sauce
- Brown mustard x 2 tsp
- Chilli pepper x 1 small with the seeds removed
- Hard vegan cheese x a sprinkle (Optional)
- Boil the cauliflower and leek until it start to soften. Please don't over boil. Drain and leave for about 10 minutes to cool.
- Make the sauce and add the mustard and chilli pepper. Add the facon to the sauce at the end.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Put the cauliflower and leek in a suitably sized roasting dish. Pour the vegan cheese sauce over the cauliflower and leek.
- Roast in the oven at 200C for 25 minutes.
Serve with potatoes and more veg.
As an optional extra, sprinkle some finely grated hard vegan cheese on top.