Roast Tofu Stack
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 11th of August 2022
I heard someone say about it being cold and how we need to think about layers. Naturally, my mind turns to food and how I could layer different vegetables. It was not long before I had thought of tofu and aubergine and added a few other things. This stack of delight is a real treat and one I look forward to having again.
- You don't have to peel the butternut squash or aubergine.
- You can, if you wish, use other spices.
- Tofu x 100g
- Aubergine x 1 thickish slice
- Butternut Squash x 1 thickish slice
- Big mushroom x 1
- Crushed garlic x 1 tbsp
- Paprika x a sprinkling.
For the sauce
- Mint sauce x 1 tbsp
- Wine vinegar x 2 tbsp
- Prepare the tofu.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut off a 100g slice of tofu. Coat the tofu, aubergine, butternut squash and mushroom in oil and a little paprika.
- Leave the mushroom to one side.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Coat the underside of the mushroom with the garlic, then put the mushroom on top of the stack and roast for another 20 minutes.
- Mix the mint sauce and vinegar to make a thinner mint sauce.
- Once ready, put on a plate and poor the mint sauce over the top.
I find this is best severed with roasted potatoes, veg and vegan Yorkshires.
This was particularly good!
I hope that you liked this blog and if you do try this recipe, please let me know how you got on and what it turned out like. You can leave a comment in the comments below.