Hasselback Jacket With Lime Cashew Cream Sauce
I saw the recipe for this on social media from Bosh and decided to recreate it with a few tweaks. It turned out every bit as good as I had hoped, but there is one thing I would do differently. I changed the lemon to lime, used onion instead of onion powder and garlic paste instead of garlic powder. In addition, I added a few Italian herbs and the results were amazing!
- Make the cashew cream near the completion of the potato, or the cream may start to set. Don't store the cream in the fridge, or it will set, making it impossible to pour.
Time 50 to 65 minutes
- Good-sized potato for baking
- 1/4 cup of cashew nuts
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- Salt 1/4 tsp for the brine to soak the nuts in
- Enough water to cover the nuts
- 1 tsp of garlic paste
- 1 tbsp of chopped onion
- 1 tsp of nutritional yeast with B12
- 1 and 1/2 coconut oil
- Pinch of Italian herbs
- Black pepper to taste
Prepare the potato
- Slice the potato, but no all the way though.
- Brush with oil.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 200C for about 50 minutes, or longer if needed.
Make the cashew cream
- Soak the nuts overnight in salt water. If you are pushed for time, 3 hours should be fine.
- Drain the nuts, but don't throw away the brine.
- Add the nuts to a blender with the lime juice, lime zest, coconut oil, garlic paste, onion, nutritional yeast and herbs. Blend on a low setting for about a minute and then a high setting for about another minute.
- No need to heat, just pour straight on top of the potato and salad or veg.
|Cashew nuts soaking in brine.|
|Lime Cashew Cream sauce.|
Fantastic! However, next time I will make the cream a bit thicker by adding less brine from soaking the nuts. In addition, I served mine with steamed vegetables, but only because I had no salad in the house. Salad would have been better. It is worth noting the cashew cream would make an excellent salad dressing. The lime gave it a really fresh and clean taste and worked great with the potato.