Written by McDonald, T. | Date 20th of June 2022
Spaghetti bolognese was one of the first non British dishes I every had. Therefore, finding a decent vegan substitute was a great relief! I have tried many variations, but this is one of the best.
- I have found the green lentils are the best for this recipe. The red one are too creamy.
- Yes, you can make it with vegan mince.
Servers 2 - 3
Time 40 minutes
- 0.5 cup of Green lentils (dry)
- 1 Onion
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 3 - 4 tomatoes
- 4 medium mushrooms
- 3 tsp of mixed Italian herbs
- 1 tsp of Marmite in 200 ml of boiling water
- 0.5 tsp of white pepper
- 1 tbsp of black pepper
Step 1: prepare the lentils
- Boil the lentils in water for about 20 minutes.
- Dice the onion and fry in a frying pan with the garlic until the onion turns translucent.
- Add the lentil to the frying pan and heat for a few minutes.
Step 2: make the sauce
- Chopped the tomatoes into quarters and add to the blender. Pules a few times and add mixture to the lentils.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, white pepper, black pepper, marmite mixture, herbs and chopped mushrooms.
- Leave to simmer for 10 minutes while stirring regularly.
- Spiralize the courgette and fry it just until it is warm or it will go mushy.
- Serve with some nutritional yeast.
This was great! Very tasty and low in carbs because I used zughetti instead of spaghetti.
I really hope you enjoyed this blog and i hope you give this recipe a try. As always, please let me know how you got on with it. Did you like it. Did you change it in some way. Let me know.
Post a Comment