Mushroom and Leek Cannelloni
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 5th of September 2022
If you are looking for something to cheer you up, this is it. Wonderful vegan cheese sauce covering rolls of pasta filled with a tasty mushroom filling. I will not be showing you how to make pasta or the cheese sauce, but I will show you how to make this fantastic dish in easy steps. By the end, you will have a great dinner that you will likely want to make again.
|Lay the leek on the pasta.|
|Prepare the mushroom stuffing.|
|Add the stuffing and roll 'em up!|
|Place in a dish ready for the cheese sauce. |
- Dry pasta will need soaking for about half an hour.
- Dry pasta is usually vegan while fresh pasta from the store is usually not vegan.
- I used a packet vegan of sauce for convenience and grated a bit of vegan cheese on top.
- Lasagne sheets
- Mushroom x 8
- Cranberries x 1 heaped tbsp
- Onion x 1/2
- Coconut cream x 1 tbsp
- Garlic x 4 cloves crushed
- Leek x 1
- White pepper x 1/2 tsp
- Fresh basil x 2 big sprigs
- Fresh Oregano x 2 big sprigs
- Vegan milk x a dash
- Vegan cheese sauces
- Chilli pepper x 1/4 tsp or about 1/2 of finely chopped fresh chilli without the seeds.
- Fresh paisley x 2 big sprigs
- Baking dish big enough to get 6 Cannelloni in
- Frying pan
Assuming you have either soaked the dry vegan pasta, or you have made your own fresh pasta.
Finley chop the onion.
Dice the mushrooms.
Peel some sheets of the leek and dice the rest.
Melt the coconut cream in a frying pan and sweat the onion and garlic. As soon as the onion looks transparent, add the mushroom and continue to cook for about 3 minutes.
Add the leek and cranberries and vegan milk. Season with salt and white pepper. Cook for another 3 minutes. Leave to the side to cool off. Chop up the basil and mix it in.
Boil, for about 3 minutes, the leek sheets from earlier.
Place a sheet of leek on each paste sheet. Add the mushroom filling and roll up to form Cannelloni.
Make the cheese sauce and season with salt and white pepper. Add the chilli and chopped paisley to the cheese sauce.
Poor the cheese sauce over the Cannelloni and bake in the oven at 200C for about 15 minutes.
Serve with vegetables.
I hope you decide to give this a try. If you do, please let me know what you thought in the comments below. Please like, share with your friends and subscribe.