Easter Oats: Hot Cross Bun Flavour
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 11th of April 2022
This is a simple, but tasty recipe that really surprised me at how good it is. It has all the good bits that a hot cross bun would offer in that it has mixed peel, sultans and even mixed spices.
- 1/2 a cup of Rolled oats
- 1 cup of soya milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp mixed peel
- 1/4 tsp of mixed spice
- Chopped pecan nuts
- 13 tbsp Sultanas
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp of sugar
- A jar
- Put the 1/2 a cup of oats into the jar with the goji berries the sultanas, the mixed spice, the sugar and the salt.
- Poor the vegan milk in, add the vanilla essence and give it a good stir.
- Place in a fridge overnight.
- In the morning, the sultans will be plump now all you have to do is add the pecan nuts. Stir and serve cold in a bowl.