Vegan Goan Curry
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 7th of March 2022
Goan curry is usually made with fish, but we don't want that do we: no. As a vegan you have options for a substitute, you can either use a fish substitute or go all veg. In this recipe, I decided to use tofu and a stack of veg, but you can use whatever option you like including banana blossom. This is a mild curry, but can easily be heated up.
- 2 tsp of Goan spice
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 0.5 tsp of gram masala
- 0.5 tsp of ground ginger
- 0.25 tsp of white pepper
- 100g of chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of vegan milk
- 2 tsp of brown sugar
- 20g carrot
- 1 medium mushroom
- 1 large leave of spinach
- 30g of cabbage
- 20g sweet potato
- 2 heaped tbsp of sultans
- 50g of tofu
- Frying pan
- Prepare the tofu. I like to coat it in ground ginger after pressing.
- Fry the cumin seeds, onion, tofu pieces and garlic until the seeds start to crackle.
- Dice the veg and add it to the pan. Add the tomatoes too.
- Stir in the vegan milk and add the spices.
- Add the sugar.
- Simmer for 15 minutes before serving with rice.
The tofu pieces were tender and the curry was full of flavour.
I really hope that you liked this blog. Please like, share and subscribe.
Hi, Tony. I made this last night (having it again tonight). Totally delicious, although I forgot to get my tofu out of the freezer so it's all veggies! Still great, though. Thanks for the recipe. Easy peasy.ReplyDelete
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed it. Peace be with you!Delete