Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 4th of March 2021
If you suddenly end up with a lot of red peppers, this is a great way to use them. This is spicy and rich and just the thing while the weather is still cool.
Time - 1hr
- 4 red bell peppers
- 0.5 onion
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes or/and 2 fresh tomatoes quartered
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and whole
- 2 tsp of red chilli chutney
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 300ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1 - prepare the peppers and garlic
- Cut the peppers into chunks and spaed out evenly on an oiled baking tray.
- Add salt and pepper and spray on some more oil.
- Roast in the oven with whole peeled cloves of garlic for about 40 minutes at 200C.
|Red pepper and garlic|
Step 2 - prepare the other veg
- Finely chop the onion and sauté in a pot with a little olive oil and cumin seeds until the onions soften and go translucent.
- Add the roasted peppers, garlic, tomatoes, red chilli chutney and vegetable stock to the pot and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth-ish and let simmer for 5 - 10 more minute
- Serve while still hot.
|Peppers in a pot with the other ingredients before blending.|
Spicy rich flavour. Great with some crusty bread.
I hope that you liked this blog and if you do try this recipe, please let me know how you got on and what it turned out like. You can leave a comment in the comments below.
Post a Comment