No Bake Marble Chocolate Squares
Written by McDonald, T. | Updated 24th November 2023
These sweet and delicious treats are minimal fuss. No need to bake and lots of fun. They consist of oats, dates, fruit, and nuts with a tempting chocolate topping. This is great as a dessert or a little treat at the weekend and will keep for weeks in the fridge in an airtight container.
|Make the base and press firmly into the tin.|
|Melt the chocolate for the topping.|
|Cover in both chocolates and finish with coconut shavings. |
- You can soak the dates for an hour or two beforehand if they are a little dry.
- Melt the coconut cream in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Melt the chocolate in the same way over a saucepan of boiling water.
Time – 20 minutes preparing and 2 hrs waiting. Total time is 2hrs 20 minutes.
Servings 24 squares or 12 bars.
- 250 g dates (I used a block of dates)
- 100 g almonds finely chopped in a blender
- 100 g rolled oats
- 50 g cranberries
- 45 g shredded coconut
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 5–6 tablespoons melted coconut cream
- 60 g coconut cream
- 40 g dark or milk chocolate (vegan)
- 40 g white chocolate (vegan)
- 2 tsp golden syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 20 × 20 cm cake pan
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
Step 1 – Make the squares
- Grease the tin.
- Crush the chi seeds with a motor and pestle.
- Chop the nuts in a blender.
- Combine the rolled oats, chi seeds, chopped almonds, cranberries, salt and shredded coconut in one bowl.
- Blender the dates with 3–4 tablespoons of melted coconut oil. This should result in a thick paste.
- With a wooden spoon, combine the date mixture with the dry ingredients. You might need to use your hands. It will seem as if it is too dry, but it will be fine as long as it is well combined.
- Press the mixture down firmly into the prepared tin. This action should take care of any dry loose bits.
- Place it in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
Step 2 – Chocolate Topping
- After the base has set, melt chocolate over low heat in a bowl in a medium pot of water. Stir until smooth.
- Combine the golden syrup, 2 tbsps of coconut cream and melted dark chocolate. Spread the over the base.
- Melt the white chocolate and coconut cream. Spread the over the base.
- Allow to set in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Cut into bars or squares.
Sweet, satisfying and yummy! I really like these bars because they are easy to make, involve no baking and taste so good. Try not to eat them all in a day!
I hope you decide to give this a try. If you do, please let me know what you thought in the comments below. Please like, share with your friends and subscribe.