Vegan Sweet And Sour
By McDonald, T. | Date 1st of January 2022
This dish would usually have chicken, but we are going to have Quorn pieces instead. However, you could use tofu, which I love to do. The ingredients can vary, but there is a main core of ingredients such as pineapple, bell peppers and carrot. Options would include using mushrooms and peas for instance. Sometimes nutritional needs will change the ingredients while another time what is in the fridge will determine the ingredients.
- You can use a jar but it is not as rewarding.
- Quorn pieces or tofu x 50g
- Carrot x 1
- Parsnip x 0.5
- Kale x a few leaves
- Cabbage x a few leaves
- Spinach x a small handful
- Red bell pepper x 0.5
- Pineapple pieces x 0.5
- Nooch x 1 tsp
- Brown Rice x 0.33 of a cup
- Sweet and sour sauce
- Cut the carrot and parsnips into strips and fry with the pineapple and Quorn pieces.
- Boil the rice until tender. Add all of the other veg and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add the sauce and turn the heat down until sauce is hot.
- Serve with the rice.
- For extra nutrition add some nutritional yeast.
- Brown rice has more roughage and less calories than white rice.
- Nooch is nutritional yeast with B12. The B12 is important for vegans and it also contains other B vitamins.
- Bell peppers have vitamin C.