Vegan Chilli Veg One Pot
On a cold winter's night this is great dish to turn to. Comforting, tasty and vegan! This is a dish that is loaded with nutrition and flavour. Served in a ring of brown rice, topped with some vegan cheese alternative and garnished with some basil or coriander.
Veg and beans
- Kidney beans 50g.
- Carrot diced 40g.
- Parsnip diced 40g.
- Black beans 25g.
- Lentils 25g.
- Marrowfat peas dried 10g.
- Courgette (zucchini) diced 20g.
- Chopped tomatoes 75g.
- Salsa 2 tbsps
- Tomato paste 1 tbsp.
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp.
- Paprika 1 tsp.
- Nutritional yeast with B12 1-2 tps.
- Rice 50g
- Vegan cheese just to great a bit on top.
- Basil or coriander for garnish.
If you are using dried beans and peas, you will need to soak the them overnight and then cook them before use for about 40 minutes. one pot
- Lightly fry all the veg in a saucepan until they start to golden.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients.
- Add the beans, peas and lentils and simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Meanwhile boil the rice.