Vegan Chilli Veg One Pot
By McDonald, T. | Date 31st of January 2022
Veg and beans
On a cold winter's night this is a great dish to turn to. Comforting, tasty and vegan! This is a dish that is loaded with nutrition and flavour. Served in a ring of brown rice, topped with some vegan cheese alternative and garnished with some basil or coriander.
Veg and beans
- Kidney beans 50g.
- Carrot diced 40g.
- Parsnip diced 40g.
- Black beans 25g.
- Lentils 25g.
- Marrowfat peas, 10g.
- Courgette (zucchini) diced 20g.
- Chopped tomatoes, 75g.
- Salsa 2, tbsps
- Tomato paste, 1 tbsp.
- Garlic paste, 1 tbsp.
- Paprika, 1 tsp.
- Nutritional yeast with B12, 1-2 tps.
- Rice 50g
- Vegan cheese just to great a bit on top.
- Basil or coriander for garnish.
If you are using dried beans and peas, you will need to soak them overnight and then cook them before use for about 40 minutes.
- Lightly fry all the veg in a saucepan until they start to golden.
- Add all the sauce ingredients.
- Add the beans, peas and lentils and simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Meanwhile, boil the rice.
Please share and subscribe.
What kind of vegan cheese do you use?ReplyDelete
Either free from or violife. Was this your fist veganuary or have you been a vegan for long? :-)Delete
I've been vegan for about 5 years now. I was actually vegetarian for most of my life, but cheese is what held me back. That's why I'm always so interested in who uses what cheese. ;) I can say that I do love vegan cheese more than most dairy cheese (except I haven't found a replacement for mozzarella that I like as much as I did).Delete
What ones have to tried?Delete