Peanut Butter Bars
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 11th of January 2022
Sweet, tasty and nutty bars of delight! These No Bake Bars are very easy to make with little work to do. Mix everything together and make a dough and add melted chocolate to the top. Simple! You can have these at a celebration or just as a personal treat.
- Storing can be difficult because if you stack them, they will stick together due to the smooth peanut butter on top.
- It is fine to just have chocolate on top, which will make them easier to stack in a container.
Makes 16 squares or 10 bars
Time 2hrs 10 minutes. That's 10 minute work and 2 hrs waiting time.
|Firmly press the base into the tin.|
|Allow to set in the fridge.|
- 1 cup oats to make the flour
- 1/4 tsp table salt.
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 - 3 heaped tbsp coconut cream
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
For chocolate and Peanut butter topping:
- 100 g vegan chocolate
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Make the oat flour by blending the oats until you get flour. Add the flour to a mixing bowl with the salt.
- Add in the rest of the base mixture ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon.
- As it starts to come together, you will be able to use your hands and knead it like it was dough.
- Once combined, press the mixture into a 20 cm x 20 cm square tin.
- Put in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
For chocolate and peanut butter topping.
- Melt 100g chocolate and 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter. Then melt the other 2 tbsp of smooth peanut butter.
- Pour chocolate over the base.
- Drip the warm, smooth peanut butter over the chocolate. Feel free to make patterns.
- To set the chocolate, refrigerate for another hour.
- Slice into bars.
I hope you decide to give this a try. If you do, please let me know what you thought in the comments or on Twitter. Please like, share with your friends and subscribe.
Post a Comment