No Knead Rolls
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 7th of January 2022
Bread rolls can be easy to make and next to no time to prepare with this easy method that requires no kneading. Imagine what you could have in the roll! Anything you like. You just spend 5 minutes the night before preparing it and 10 -12 minutes in the morning baking it.
Makes 4 rolls
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add a bit more flour if you need to, but no more than an extra 1/8 of a cup. You have to think about how it will hold its shape in the morning when you shape the rolls.
- Cover the bowl and leave to rise for 12 hours overnight.
- In the morning, you will see it has risen. Preheat the oven for about 15 -20 minutes, or until it reaches 220C. Make sure the oven is very hot before baking the rolls.
- Use a spatula to scrap out the sticky dough.
- Shape, using some flour and a dough scraper. You may need to use some more flour to help it shape and hold its shape. Remember, if it is too runny it will splodge instead of holding its shape.
- Place the rolls on a greased backing try and leave to rest for 20 minutes. This allows the dough to rise again.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 - 12 minutes. 12 minutes will make them more crusty.
- Leave to cool on a cooling rack
|Dough proofing on try before going in the oven
These were excellent and I will make them again. The first time I made these I left them in for a little too long, which made them too dark for my liking although they were still fine to eat and very tasty. As a result, I learned to keep an eye on them.
I left these in for only 10 minutes. They still cooked fine inside and tasted just as great.
I hope you decide to give this a try. If you do, please let me know how it turned out in the comments or on Twitter. Please like, share with your friends and subscribe.