Vegan Special Fried Rice
By McDonald, T. | Date 22nd of November 2021
This is a great way to use that leftover rice. Special fried rice was something I used to like but have not had since I became a vegan. No need to look up recipes for this easy fast food recipe, which is highly versatile.
- Choice of vegetables - this is really down to you just as long as it is chopped into small pieces.
- Preparing the rice - I used brown rice in this recipe, but you can use white. In either case, it is best to cook the rice the day before, let is cook and then store in the fridge overnight.
- 1/3 cup brown rice (before cooking)
- 50g extra firm tofu
- 50g of pineapple chunks
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 20g onion
- 20g carrot
- 20g leak
- 2 mushroom
- 20g broccoli
- 1/4 cup of green peas
- Soy sauce to taste
- Small mixing bowl
- Frying pan
- Prepare the tofu for use the next day. (How to prepare tofu).
- Add all of the spices to the bowl with the rice and stir until all the rice is coated in the spices. Place to one side.
- Cut the tofu into small pieces and add to the frying pan with 3 tsp of vegetable oil. Also add the pineapple chunks. Fry until the tofu starts to brown.
- Cut the veg into small pieces and add to the frying pan. Add a little soya sauce. Cook on a medium heat to soften the veg. Occasionally stir.
- Add the rice to the frying pan with a little more oil. Fry on a medium heat and stir occasionally until the rice is piping hot.
- Add some more soy sauce and stir. Cook for another 4 - 5 minutes and sever.
Great tasting dinner. The ginger was a great touch and it was full of interesting flavours from the onion and veg. The tofu work really well as a meat replacement in this classic dish.
I really hope that you liked this blog. Please like, share and subscribe.
Post a Comment