Creamy Butter Tofu Curry
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 12th of July 2021
There are many different ways to prepare this dish, but i like to make it with cashew cream. This is an easier dish than you might think to prepare and is very customisable. For instance, you can add veg or do without the lime juice. The main ingredients are the tofu and cashew cream, with is easy to make. I hope that you like, subscribe and share with your friends.
- 1/4 cups cashew nuts
- 100ml of vegan milk
- 100ml of vegetable stock
- 50g of Tofu
- 1/4 medium onion, chopped
- 60g of leek (optional)
- 60g of broccoli (optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 100g of chopped tomatoes
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 2 tbsp of sultanas
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 2 tsp of brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp of cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne chilli powder
- 4 cardamom pod seeds
- Prepare the tofu by pressing it overnight. In the morning, cut it into bite size pieces and marinade in vegetable stock.
- Make the cashew cream by blending the cashew nuts with the vegan milk. Pour the milk in a bit at a time.
- Put all the veg, tomatoes, tomato paste, lime juice in the saucepan.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and simmer for 5 minute.
- Put cashew cream and spices into the saucepan with the veg and heat on a low heat while stirring occasionally.
|Cashew before blending.|
|Cashew nuts after blending ready for the soya milk|
|Cashew cream after blending with soya milk|
- Fry the tofu in a little oil in a frying pan.
- Add the tofu, sultanas and sugar to the saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with boiled basmati rice.
Some people like to soak the cashew nut first before blending, but it is not necessary unless you really want a very smooth paste.
Although the spices are essential in this recipe, it is possible to forgo the cardamom pod seeds.
The lime and sultanas are not essential, but you will miss them if you don't use them especially the sultanas.
I have added broccoli and leak to this dish to give it more nutrition, but it works well with peas or even no green veg.
Post a Comment