Tofu and Cranberry Stir Fry
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 14th of June 2021
This is a lovely stir fry that has plenty of nutrition. The carrot provides lots of vitamin A while the tofu provides both calcium and protein as well as some iron. Not only is this dish full of nutrition it is full of taste too. The key, i feel, to any dish with tofu is the press the tofu first, which allows the tofu to soak up all those delicious flavours. You might be tempted to leave out the cranberries; however, this would be a mistake since they add so much to the overall flavour. The sauce is sweet and comforting.
|Cranberries make a lovely addition |
- Tofu x 100g
- Cranberries x 20g
- Carrot x 60g
- Courgette x 180g
- Onion x 1 small
- Leek x 80g
- Broccoli x 80g
- Cumin x 1 tsp
- Paprika x 1 tsp
- Rapeseed oil x 2 tsp
- Cider vinegar x 3 tbsp
- Soya sauce x 2 tsp
- Vegetable stock x 200ml
- Nutritional yeast x 3g
- Prepare the tofu. Then cut into bite size cubes and coat with the cumin and paprika.
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil and add the tofu pieces. Fry until the tofu starts to darken.
- Chop all of the vegetables and add to the frying pan. Add some of the water to create a lot of steam and cover with a lid. The steam will help the veg soften. Add water as necessary.
- Add the cranberries
- Once the veg is soft and tender, make the sauce and add to the frying pan.
- Spiralize the courgette and add to the frying pan. Stir it all in and cover.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for no more than 5 minutes.
- Make sure the veg is tender before serving.
- For an extra touch, you can add a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
If you have it to hand, chickpea aquafaba blended with some oil and balsamic vinegar makes a great marinade that can be added to the sauce for extra creaminess.
I hope you liked this blog. Please think about subscribing and share with your friends.