Sweet Potato Flatbread
Written by McDonald, T. | Updated 4th of August 2021
This is the easiest bread in the world! Just two ingredients sweet potato and flour for the basic recipe. You can use plain or wholemeal flour the choice is yours; furthermore, you have the option to add salt and or nutritional yeast for extra flavour and nutrition. Although the official ratio of potato to flour is 1 to 1, i usually find I need a little more flour.
|Dough will need some flour when rolling|
|Heat for about 30 - 45 seconds on each side|
Ingredients4 - 6 Flatbreads
- Sweet potato x 1 cup
- Wholemeal or plan flour x 1.5 cups
- Salt (optional) x 1/4 tsp
- Nutritional yeast with B12 (optional) x 1 tsp
- Oil for frying pan (optional)
- Frying pan
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling pin
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- A brush to brush the oil on in the frying pan if you are using oil
- Many recipes will tell you to peal the potatoes, but i find it is best to boil and mash them with the skins still on.
- Add the salt and nutritional yeast if you are using it.
- Add the flour and mix with a spoon until you get a lump.
- Continue mixing with your hands.
- Cut into six pieces and gently roll each one out with a rolling pin. The dough is a little sticky, so use some flour to stop it sticking to the pin and broad if needed.
- Heat in a frying pan for 30 - 45 seconds each side.
- Once cooked, wrap the flatbread immediately in a clean fresh tea towel or the bread might go too hard. Keep adding more flatbread and cover with the tea towel and leave to cool.
- Either eat them while still warm or let them cool down even more and put in an air tight container for storing in the fridge. These should keep for 3 - 4 days.
I hope that you like this blog. Please share with your friends and subscribe.