I Tried Yellow Split Pea Flatbread
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 23rd of June 2021
While looking around for different types of bread, i found several posts for making lentil bread and i though i would give it a try. However, when i looked in the cupboard all i had was yellow split peas. Nonetheless, i thought i would give it a try to see what it was like. This has 2 basic ingredients: yellow split peas and water. The salt is optional and you could even add some sugar if you want.
Blended yellow split peas
- Yellow split peas x 0.5 cups
- Water x 300ml
- Salt x a pinch (optional)
- Soak the split peas in the water for 4 hrs or better still overnight.
- Without draining, add the split peas and the water into a blender and blend until a creamy paste forms. This should take about 1 -2 minutes on high speed.
- Poor a thin layer into a hot frying pan. Use the back of a tablespoon to shape it into a circle if needed.
- Use the flipper to loosen from the pan and flip after about 45 seconds and heat for another 45 seconds.
- Take out of the pan and allow to cool on a plate.
It was not that much like bread, but was OK. Although it is not the best bread, it was very filling. One of the breads was a bit fatter than the others and seemed a bit more like an omelet than bread, which gave me the idea to use it to make a vegan omelet next time with some additional ingredients.
|Bread batter heating in the pan|
|This one was more like an omelet |
Hope you liked. Please share and subscribe.