NoBull Mushroom Steak with Focaccia and Salad
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 14th of May 2021
I have seen these steaks in Iceland for a while and i finely got around to trying them out. As it turns out, these steaks are really good! On the downside, they are a little small and a bit expensive. The taste of mushroom comes through strong, so if you like mushrooms you will probably like these steaks. After eating them, i thought they might go well with mint sauce and i further though i could have them in a mixed grill. Save to say, i will likely have them again.
- NoBull Mushroom Steaks x 1
- Tofu x 80g
- Focaccia x 1
- Carrot shredded
- White cabbage shredded
- Vegan mayo x 1 tsp
- Cider vinegar x
- Mustard powder x 1 tsp
- Lettuce x a few leafs
- Red chilli pepper x 1 (not a really hot one)
- Tomato x 1
- Cucumber x
- Beetroot x 1
Spices for wedges
- Potato x 140g (about 2 new potatoes)
- White pepper
|Spicy Potato Wedges|
- Press the tofu and cut into bite size pieces. You can marinade the tofu if you want and coat it in some flour and spices of you choice.
- Cut the potato into wedges and coat in the spices; i find it best to put the wedges in a mixing bowl with the spices and toss them around until coated evenly. Roast in oven with the NoBull Mushroom Steaks and tofu for 20 minutes. Note that the wedges may take longer than 20 minutes if they are bigger.
- Mix the shredded carrot, onion and cabbage with the vegan mayo, cider vinegar and mustard powder in a bowl to make the coleslaw.
- Prepare the salad items and red chilli.
- Serve the steak in the Focaccia with some of the salad and coleslaw with everting else on the side.