Beyond Meat And Tofu Stir Fry
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 10th of April 2021 [you need to set the date]
This stir fry sauce is quick and easy and the vegetables are tender and tasty. Unlike other stir fries, this dish has particulate vegetables. This is a light tasty dish with strong flavours and great textures. The beyond sausage meat has a great taste and releases its flavours into the pan to be soaked up by the vegetables.
- Tofu x 100g
- Carrot x 50g
- Cabbage x 50g
- Broccoli x40g
- Brussels Sprouts x 40g
- Red chilli x 1/2
- Red onion x 1/2
- Red and yellow bell peppers 50g each
- Mushroom x 4
- Garlic x 5 gloves
- Courgette spiralized x 60g
- Creamed coconut to fry the tofu x 1 tbsp
- Beyond sausage meat x 1/2 link
- Sea salt to taste
- Soya sauce x 2 tbsps
- Balsamic vinegar x 2 tsp
- Water 140ml
- Frying pan with a lid (this is important)
- Prepare the tofu. I press the tofu al night and then coat it in spices such as paprika and cumin.
- Prepare all the veg and dice the onion.
- Fry the tofu until it starts to get a crispy coating then remove from the pan and place to the side on a plate
- Add the Brussels and broccoli to the frying pan with some water. You should get a lot of bubbling and steam. Doing this will cook and soften the vegetables. After 5 minutes, add the tofu back the the frying pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry until the onion starts to caramelise.
- Add the rest of the veg and fry for a few minutes.
- Make the sauce and add to the frying pan with the vegetables.
- Add the spiralized courgette and continue to fry for a minute or two.
It is important to keep stirring the whole time it is cooking to avoid burning the veg.