Roasted Vegetables With Crispy Tofu
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 3rd of May 2021
Vegan Sunday dinners may sometimes need a bit of extra calcium and or protein. In any case, tofu is an easy way to do just that. However, in order to stay in keeping with a Sunday roast something special needs to happen with the tofu. What better way to do that than giving the tofu a crispy coating and roasting it in the oven? Tofu is a great meat alternative, which is loaded with calcium and protein.
The measurements will depend on how much tofu you have to cover. However, you should have more flour than spices and the salt is to taste.
- Prepare the tofu by freezing it and then thawing it and pressing it. Try to get it as dry as possible.
- Marinade the tofu in your favourite marinade overnight.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and add the tofu minus the marinade.
- Shake the tofu piece in the bowl gently until all the pieces have been coated.
- Roast in the oven with a little oil for about 20 minutes.