Vegan Cottage Pie
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 14th of April 2021
Don't know what to do with your banana peel? Why not try this dish for a change? This is a vegan's cottage pie where the meat is replaced by banana peel. As long as you prepare the banana peel correctly, it will not taste like banana.
- 1 Banana peel
- 1/4 a carrot
- 1/4 of an onion
- 2 tbsp of peas
- 100 ml of gravy
- Potato for the topping
- Nutritional yeast with B12
- Scrap out all the white fleshy bit from the inside of the banana peel. Now finely dice the banana peel. At this point you can opt to marinade the peel in something like balsamic vinegar or soya sauce or a combination of things.
- Boil and mash the potato.
- Lightly fry all the peel, peas, carrot and onion while the potato is boiling.
- Put the filling into a pie dish and add the mash potato to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.