Vegan Banana Bread
|Banana bread with cranberries and nuts|
Written by McDonald, T. | Updated 11th of July 2021
This recipe is the best I have for banana bread. It is low in salt and high in taste! It is very simple to make and easy to eat. I wanted something that was easy, healthy and tasty so I looked around for the perfect recipe, but i just couldn't find what I was looking for. Don't get me wrong, they were all great, but I wanted something vegan and simple so I came up with this. It is firm but not to chewy and just sweet enough. When it comes to banana bread, i like it to be more like bread pudding than bread and that is what this recipe gives. If you like to watch how to make the recipe, a video is provided at the end of the blog. In addition, it is possible to use different fruits and nuts and you can leave out the apple sauce if you are concerned about packaging.
|Mix in the flour and oats|
|Banana bread with sugar topping instead of banana |
|Fresh from the oven |
- 4 bananas
- 2 tbsp of apple sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp of golden syrup
- 1/4 cup of vegan milk
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1.5 cup of wholemeal flour
- 1.5 cup of rolled oats
- 4 tbsp of pine nuts (optional)
- 3 tbsp of caster sugar
- 4 tbsp of cranberries or sultanas (you can add other dried fruit like figs of cherries if you want.)
- H6 x W11 x D21cm loaf tin
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mash the bananas in a bowl.
- Add all the other wet ingredients and mix.
- Add all the dry ingredients and stir until everything is mixed up completely.
- Spoon into a loaf pan and bake at 200 C in a preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, leave to cool on a cooling rack.
Sweet and tasty. I love the way I can throw in any died fruit or just stick to sultanas. It is OK to use nuts or to leave them out. Since coming up with this recipe, I have made it a regular thing to have each week. I find that it makes for a better sweet treat than biscuits and is a lot healthier. I'm very pleased with this.
|Banana topping |
|Banana bread with cranberries and pine nuts|
I hope you decide to give this a try. If you do, please let me know what you thought in the comments or on twitter. Please like, share with your friends and subscribe.