Cabbage Wraps With Spicy Filling
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 8th of April 2021
This is a great polish dish that is veganised with comparative ease. This is diffidently different with a great spicy flavour. When it is cooked this way, it resembles lasagna. Maybe that is why it goes well with chips and salad or avocado.
- Cabbage leaves x 4
- Vegan white sauce
- Vegan cheese (optional) about 30g grated
- Black beans x 30g
- Pinto beans x 30g
- Sweetcorn x 60g
- Chopped tomatoes x 30g
- Peas x 30g
- Carrot x 30g
- Onion x 1/4
- Garam masala x 1 tsp
- Goan x 1 tsp
- Turmeric x 1/2 tsp
- White pepper x 1/2 tsp
- Balsamic vinegar x 1 tbsp
- Teriyaki sauce x 1 tbsp
- Chilli pepper x 1/2
- Vegetable stock cube x 1
- Marmite x 1 tsp (optional, it gives a more beefy taste)
- Nutritional yeast x 1 tsp
- Prepare the beans if you have dried ones by soaking overnight and boiling for 30-40 and drain.
- Dice finely the carrot and mushroom.
- Fry the onions, carrot and mushroom.with the spices and beans in a little olive oil in a saucepan for about.
- Add everything else that is for the filling and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- While you are making the filling, boil the cabbage leaves to soften them or you will find it difficult to roll them.
- In the baking dish, roll up the cabbage leaves with the filling.
- Cover with vegan white sauce and top with the grated vegan cheese.
- In a preheated oven, bake for 30 minutes.
You might find that the filling is a bit runny, which means it wasn't reduced enough. You can use cornflour to thicken it up and don't worry if some leaks out of the ends. Another option is to add lentils, which will add to the texture.
Please like, share and subscribe.