Vegan Sauces For Your Steak Or Pasta
By McDonald, T. | Date 6th of March 2021
Whether you are having a fake steak or vegetable steak you may well want a sauce to go with it for that extra little bit of moister and taste.
- Cracked black peppercorns.
- 1/4 Red onion per person.
- Vegan milk alternative.
- Vegan double cream alternative.
- Vegetable stock.
- Sauté the chopped onion with the cracked peppercorn in a frying pan with some olive oil.
- Blend in a blender with vegetable stock. You are not going to need a lot of stock, so don't over do it you can always add in more if you need to. Add the resulting mixture, which should be like a paste, to a saucepan.
- Heat and stir in the vegan milk and vegan cream with a whisk.
- Add some plain white flower to thicken. Add just a little at a time and keep stirring until you reach a satisfactory viscosity for the sauce.
Maple Syrup And Mustard Sauce
- Vegan Mustard (I usually use French brown mustard)
- Maple Syrup
- Pinch of chilli powder or chopped chilli (optional)
This is an easy sauce and massively tasty! Just mix all of the ingredients together and heat in a saucepan. If it looks to thin, then add some cornflour or plain flour a little at a time until you reach the desired viscosity. If you find that the sauce goes lumpy, don't worry just keep stirring and it will smooth out.
Sweet Mustard Sauce
- Fruit juice from a can of fruit such as pineapple or ruby grapefruit.
- Cornflour x 3 tbsp
- Sugar if needed (some fruit syrups are sweeter than others)
- Salt x pinch
- Mustard x 3 tsp
- Mustard powder x 1 tsp
- Tomato paste x 2 tbsp
- Garlic x 2 cloves
- Vegan milk
- Vegan butter
- Vegetable stock
- Plain flower
- Cut the onion up and place in a blender. Pulse until the onion is just starting to turn into a paste, but still has biggish chunks. Scrape into a saucepan with some oil and fry until the onion starts to caramelise.
- Add the vegetable stock and then the vegan milk. Keep stirring.
- Add the vegan butter.
- Sieve in the flour and stir using a whisk.
- Add salt to taste.
- Keep stirring until until you reach the desired viscosity. If it is to runny, add more flour. If it is to thick add more vegan milk.
Spicy BBQ sauce
- Chopped tomatoes x 150g
- BBQ sauce x 3 tbsp
- Garam masala x 2 tsp
- Soya sauce x 3 tsp
- Balsamic vinegar x 1 tsp
- Chilli chopped
This is so simple, just put everting in a saucepan and heat while stirring constantly. Now all you have to do is poor it on your cauliflower steak! Yum!
Hope you try some of these out. Please leave a comment and share with your friends.
Post a Comment