Vegan Matzah Ball Soup
Written by McDonald, T. | Date 29th of March 2021
This is very different from the traditional matzah ball because i can't get matzah meal anywhere in the local area. This meant i had to go with the potato balls, yes i did say potato. However. the rest of the dish is very close to the traditional soup. The chicken is replaced with Naked Glory Roast Tenderstrips, but you could use any chicken substitute you like. This soup is a popular choice for passover.
- Naked Glory Roast Tenderstrips
- Vegetable stock
- Carrot x 1/2
- Celery x 1 stick
- Onion x 1/4
- Dill x a bunch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Horseradish sauce (optional) x 1 tsp
For the Matzo balls
Makes 2 balls
- Potato x 120g
- Ground almonds x 2 tsp or Matzah meal if you can get it
- White pepper x 1/4 tsp
- Parsley chopped x 1 tsp
- Onion powder x 1/2 tsp
- Paisley x a bunch
- Cayenne powder x a pinch
- Salt x a pinch
- Make the potato matzah balls by boiling and mashing the potato and adding the other ingredients. Mix it all together and make balls of the mixture. Leave them on the side to the end.
- Cut up the veg and add to the stock.
- Add the dill.
- Add the Naked Glory Roast Tenderstrip.
- Simmer until Naked Glory Roast Tenderstrip is cooked and veg is tender.
- Server with the potato matzah balls.
Hope that you liked my blog, please like subscribe and share with your friends.