Vegan Blood Stew
By McDonald, T. | Date 19th of February 2021
This is a dinner that is full of meaning and taste! The gravy is partly made with pomegranate juice and water to symbolise Christ being speared on the cross and the blood and water coming out. The sun dried tomato symbolises the heart of Christ. Furthermore, the balsamic vinegar symbolise the drink offered to Jesus while on the cross.
"...Blood and water, which gushed forth from the heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us, I trust in you..." (An exert from the chaplet of Devine mercy)
Time 20 minutes
- Sun dried tomato
- 1/4 cup of pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup of water
- 150 ml of vegan gravy
- 1/4 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp of maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- Nutritional yeast
- Cut up all the veg and fry in a little oil.
- Add the garlic, pomegranate juice, water, balsamic vinegar, soya sauce, paprika, nutritional yeast and maple syrup into the saucepan with the fried veg and chili.
- Cut the potato into pieces, leave the skins onto increase the amount of roughage, and boil until tender enough to mash. Use a little olive oil when mashing the potato.
- Make the vegan gravy and add it with the sun dried tomato to the veg and cook for 5-8 minutes more.
This is one of the best stews I have ever had, so I hope you give it a try. Please leave a comment and subscribe.