Mount of Olives Potato with Vegan Chilli Topping
By McDonald, T. | Date 22nd of February 2021
Baked potato with this topping it truly delightful and delicious! Its lovely fluffy potato flesh with a spicy topping with beans and lentils, which in turn is topped with olives, jalapeno peppers and vegan cheese is just amassing. Definably a good one for a cold winters night.
- Largish potato
- Vegan cheese alternative of your choice
- Olives 3 or 4
- Jalapeno pepper 6-8 slices
- Chopped tomatoes x 50g.
- Tomato paste x 1 tbsp.
- Kidney beans x 10g
- Black beans x 10g
- Lentils x 10g
- Chilli powder x 1 tsp
- Cider vinegar x 1 tbsp
- If using dried beans, soak them overnight and boil for 30-40 minutes first. Now add all ingredients for the chilli to the saucepan and bring to the boil then turn done to a simmer for 20 minutes. Yes, it really is that easy.
- The baked potato will take anywhere between 40 - 60 minutes depending on the size of it.
- Poor the chilli on top of the potato add the grated cheese, olives and jalapeno peppers and serve with some veg.
I hope you give this a try. If you do try it, please let me know what you thought in the comments below. Please like, share and subscribe.