Escaped Pigs In Freedom Sauce
By McDonald, T. | Date 1st of February 2021
There are no pigs in these blankets, but there is a lot of taste in this easy to make fun dinner. It is easily adjustable to suit your needs since many of the sauce ingredients are optional or tradable for something else, hence, its name, freedom sauce.
- Grated vegan cheese alternative of your choice for topping
For the escaped pigs in blankets
- Mock sausages of your choice x 2
- Facon of your choice. Enough to wrap around the mock meat sausages.
- Olive or rapeseed oil
For the freedom sauce
- Chopped tomato x 2 tbsp
- Coconut milk x 2 tbsp
- Paprika x 1 tsp
- Turmeric x 1/2 tsp
- White cider vinegar
- Fry the mock sausages for about 2 minutes on each side to give them that browned look.
- Roll the mock sausages in the facon to make the escaped pigs.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together.
- Add the escaped pigs in blankets to a baking dish and poor the freedom sauce on top.
- Add the grated cheese and cover the dish.
- Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes (depending on your mock sausages).
|Mock sausages ready to roll in facon |
|Escaped pigs ready to go in the oven|
|Escaped pigs after baking|
|Escaped pigs in freedom sauce with sweet mash and vag|
For extra nutrition, add a teaspoon of nutritional yeast to the sweet mash when mashing. For extra flavour, add some garlic paste to the sweet mash.
Please like, share and subscribe. Thanks.