Kale And Bean Pasta Bake
By McDonald, T. | Date 4th of January 2021
On a cold winters evening you need something that is both feeling, taste, hot and full of comfort and cosiness. This pasta bake does all that and is much better than it sounds or looks. However, you can spruce it up a bit by adding more grated vegan cheese and toppings if you really wanted.
Time 1hr 40 minutes
- 60g Black beans.
- 40g Chickpeas.
- 70g Marrowfat Peas.
- 40g Red lentils.
- 50g Kale.
- 60g Courgette (zucchini).
- 100g Wholewheat pasta.
- 14 g Hot red chilli pepper.
- 10g Vegan red pesto.
- 2 tbsp Salsa.
- 1 tbsp Teriyaki sauce.
- 60g Chopped tomatoes.
- 2 tsp Paprika.
- 2 tsp Turmeric.
- 8g Nutritional yeast with B12.
- 40g Vegan cheese of your choice grated.
- 40g Red bell pepper.
- 60g Tomatoes.
If you are using dried beans and lentils, you have to soak them in plain water over night and then boil them for 40 minutes before using them in this recipe. With beans it is always best to read the label on the cooking instruction carefully for safety reasons. Furthermore, soak the pasta for 1 hour before you intend to use it. Remember, you can't use fresh pasta because that is not vegan, so it has to be the dry variety.
- Mix all of the base ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients and mix the whole lot together.
- Pour into a baking dish (preferably one with a lid).
- Add the toppings and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- When ready, leave to stand for 1 minute before serving.
Please share and subscribe to my blog because that really helps me with this blog and helps spread the word.