Caramelised Apple and Tempeh
By McDonald, T. | Date 5th of February 2021
I love being a vegan because it gets me trying new things and this is definitely different. It makes a great snack or side dish to support your main meal. The apple is juicy and succulent going perfectly with the tender leak. Just look at that apple, so tenter and sweet. I feel that garnishing with basil really complements the flavours of this unusual dish. Being a vegan is one of the best things you can do for yourself and this planet so why not give this dish a try and share it with your friends.
- Chilli pepper
- Olive oil
- Cider vinegar
- Garlic granules
- Cut the tempeh into slices and put into of tub with a lid. Add the marinade and leave for 2 hours of more.
- Heat up a frying pan and fry the marinaded tempeh with the sliced apple and sliced leak until the tempeh starts to golden.
- Add some of the marinade to create steam and add the sultanas and chipped chilli pepper then cover the pan.
- Keep checking and turning the tempeh, apple and leak until leak and apple is soft and tempeh ins a nice golden brown.
- Take the lid off at the end if you need too so the liquids reduces, but not so it becomes a stick mess.
Garnish and serve after standing for one minute. You real have to give this one a try because it is so full of flavour. Please let me know what you think in the comments, share with your friends and subscribe for more.